Friday, February 18, 2011

My Experiment

My experiment... dun dun dun: Parchment Paper Cupcake Liners!!! Martha Stuart is truly blessed by God I believe, minus the minor legal infractions, and I sadly realized I didn't have traditional cupcake liners. So... WWMD (What Would Martha Do!?)??  I'll post some pictures when it's all said and done, but I'm crossing my fingers that this actually works! *Deep Breath*

Really, it has to work - because I'm hosting this engagement party on Saturday, and I have zero time to get everything else done!! lol Simultaneously with this shower, I'm also hosting a college girl scavenger hunt... it's actually pretty stellar. I'm giving them a list of crazy things to do, and then I let them loose!! They get to go all over Ft. Myers and Estero and take pictures of themselves acting all sorts of crazy! Haha - really, I'm just giving them another opportunity for an album on facebook. haha It should be fun though; I'm actually pretty excited! :)

Otherwise, I CAN'T WAIT to get this shower done!! It's going to be beautiful, and totally worth it when it's all said and done. I love the center pieces, venue, and overall awesome ideas that my friend and I have for this shower!! The bride doesn't even know how lucky she is... lol jk Pictures to follow (hopefully today...)

In other news - My church needs some major prayer. We're having to make some huge decisions, and basically, it's all coming down to trusting in God and his faithfulness. A bit of our story - We started 7 years ago with four families. They each had a clear vision from God to start a church in our area. So they left the church that they had been a part of and worked for to start this church. They chose to be obedient to where God was calling them, and God blessed them in that. We started meeting in their living rooms, and eventually moved into the ball room at Florida Gulf Coast University (My alma mater) and we grew... and grew. Finally, we began to realize that we were outgrowing that, and we began praying for God's will and his provision. This is when an older couple felt like God was calling them to use that particular piece of property for a church. So the could, with some majorly prime real estate, approached our pastors and offered them a very expensive, large chunk of land in a prime location. Obviously we accepted their generous gift and began building a facility four years ago. We dedicated that building to God's will and God's mercy, grace, and faithfulness. If you rip up the floors and tear down the drywall, you can see scripture all over the foundation of that church. It's such a cool thing!! Like every other church, we were hit by the economy (especially being in Ft. Myers) and we had our fair share of trials. Our church still continued to grow. We sought God and we tried our best to discern his plan and be obedient to that and follow that. So we kept on growing. Now we're at a crossroads again. We have to make some serious choices and expectantly wait for God to do something God-sized. Good or bad, I can't wait for God to work everything together for his glory! I'm really inspired and conforted by Haggai through this time, and so excited to see our people rally around the mission that God has called us to!! :) If you think about it, will you pray for it? Here's a link so you can see completely what we're all about: http://www.summitlife.com/. (definitely describes who we are better than I ever could).

<3, kt

No comments:

Post a Comment